Wednesday 3 March 2010

Confessions of a Collaborator


Having completed my role in the Deconstructed Drawing at the start of week 1, I can start to think about the future of the project:
From the brief discussions that we have just had, about possible future experiments to do during this residency - I realise that the idea of collaborating is actually quite terrifying. I am starting to dread the potential work that lies ahead and can't shake an overwhelming feeling that I will be giving something up. Relinquishing or reducing control over the work is an important, yet challenging part of the collaborative process - however it is not something I feel fully prepared for at the moment. I am adamant that this process will not be an exercise in compromise, but I am not sure at this stage how to achieve this.


No comments:

Post a Comment